Spiritual Psychotherapy (SP)
PROVINCE OF ONTARIO REGULATED
TITLE: REGISTERED PSYCHOTHERAPIST (RP)*
*If applicants meet all registration requirements of the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO), they will be able to use the title Registered Psychotherapist (RP) or Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying) or RP(Qualifying).
The professional title of Registered Psychotherapist (including abbreviations and variations) has become a protected title of the 2007 Psychotherapy Act as of April 1, 2015.
Upon the completion of Transformational Arts’ requirements, a Diploma in Spiritual Psychotherapy will be issued to the graduate.
The Spiritual Psychotherapy Training Program recognizes that we are both human and spiritual beings holistically interconnected through body, mind, spirit and heart. Healing and transformation take place when we address both our dark and light sides. Following the Path of Emotional Healing and Self-Discovery we embrace our humanness and the darker aspects of our being. The Path of the Contemporary Mystic encourages us to transcend our egos, move into the light, surrender, go with the flow, trust divine guidance, detach, enter into the mystery and be of service. It is the ultimate goal to heal our duality, embracing and integrating both our human self and spiritual self. This transformation happens in our hearts, where heaven and earth meet in us.
This program teaches the student the art of balancing both paths in their personal lives as well as in their role as psychotherapists. It has a strong base in emotional healing and experiential work, employing concepts from transpersonal and transformational psychotherapy, inner child work, relationship and group therapy, and the development of psychotherapy and professional skills. Energetic therapeutic techniques such as chakra psychotherapy and medical intuition are taught to provide additional tools for inner transformation.
Transformational Arts has instituted program revisions and will continue further program adaptations and enhancements in an effort to meet entry-to-practice competency requirements of the draft regulation of the 2007 Psychotherapy Act. Transformational Arts is currently applying to be a recognized school with CRPO.
- To provide the student with professional training and skills development, tools and interventions and practical experience through case studies and clinical supervision in psychotherapy
- To provide the student with entry-to-practice competency based education as required by CRPO regulation
- To allow the participant to continue to do their own personal work in emotional healing and psychospiritual development while embarking upon their own unique journey in a supportive environment
- The program's spiritual component is inclusive, non-dogmatic, non-denominational and not religious. Students are encouraged to develop thier own belief system which they resonate with
- This program is ideal for those wanting to set up their own private practice in psychotherapy. Once regulation is passed, it is anticipated that more opportunities will become available to work in government institutions, agencies and medical clinics
Spiritual Psychotherapy Student
WHAT MAKES THIS PROGRAM UNIQUE?
Transformational Arts’ Spiritual Psychotherapy Training Program offers an innovative, spiritual approach to psychotherapy, addressing the needs of the soul and spirit as well as the human experience. With so many individuals now embarking on spiritual journeys, psychotherapy greatly needs to honour the human spirit.
In addition to psychotherapeutic basics such as building self-esteem and a healthy ego, establishing boundaries and getting needs met, we also need to go beyond ordinary consciousness, acknowledging the miracle of the soul, mystical experiences and multi-dimensional awareness in therapy.
Our approach produces powerful results and allows the individual to heal at a profound and deep level. By encouraging the student to be authentic, conscious and aware we provide fundamentals that support spiritual growth. Embracing our shadow, darkness and woundedness as well as the mysteries and miracles of the soul helps the individual to become soul-guided in contrast to ego-driven. The concepts of Higher Self and Higher Power support this process.
While certain principles need to be intellectually understood, the program is highly experiential in its nature. From this program, we learn to trust intuition and divine guidance and are open to gifts of spirit in the psychotherapeutic process. We recognize that we are ‘spiritual beings having a human experience’. We also learn to love and accept our humanness and imperfections.
Spiritual values are interwoven with the teachings and classroom experience — love, respect, compassion, empathy, trust, empowerment, support, integrity, peace, passion, creativity, transformation, forgiveness, gratitude, non-judgment, being of service, abundance and co-creation. Various states of consciousness are experienced through meditation, focusing, energy work, sound and prayer as a means of deepening inner work and promoting spiritual growth.
Transformational Arts recognizes each individual as unique, educating psychotherapists drawn to a spiritual approach to therapy embodying traditional training.
We are dedicated to excellence in psychotherapy training and competency development through our sustained commitment to program quality, multi-faceted educational methods and outstanding student services.
We graduate competent, highly skilled psychotherapists who contribute meaningfully to their clients and the profession.
We provide an atmosphere of trust where teamwork, collaboration, and communication cultivate a safe and richly diverse environment for teaching and learning.
To develop competent, critically thoughtful psychotherapists who integrate theory, competencies and experiential knowledge to accurately assess and help their clients.
To train psychotherapists to practise ethically, abide by regulations and be ever mindful of diversification and multi-cultural factors.
To conduct ongoing program/curriculum and instructor evaluations and implement changes based on research, legislation and student/faculty information.
To provide training and clinical supervision that is outcome-oriented and evidence based.
To develop the understanding and practice of safe and effective use of self (SEUS).
Multiple learning modalities orient students to embrace collaborative experiences and becoming credentialed psychotherapists utilizing active, experiential, and goal oriented methods to create transformation with their clients by embracing:
1. Knowledge and application of theories, competencies, methods, tools and interventions
2. Understanding of the psychotherapeutic role and function in treating clients with the highest ethical standards and respect for multi-culturalism and diversity.
3. Development of awareness and the reflective use of self.
4. Knowledge and application of methods for observation, assessment, and research.
Many of our graduates open lucrative private practices. Some work in wellness centres with other holistic and medical professionals. Others have gone on to work in agencies and mental health institutions. Some have opened successful spiritual centres and facilitate workshops. Other students have taken these skills and applied them to corporate training or in becoming corporate psychotherapists. Contact us about exciting changes in the psychotherapy field as it becomes more mainstream and regulated.
Further training at the College can be taken in Bodies of Inquiry: Body Centred Therapy Certificate Course
AREAS OF STUDY
- Psychotherapy and Professional Skills for Individuals and Groups
- Emotional Healing — Psychospiritual Key Issues
- Transformational and Transpersonal Psychotherapy —
The Spiritual Side of Psychotherapy
- Somatic and Energetic Approaches - Body and Chakra Psychotherapy
- Case Studies, Case Supervision, Competencies and Practicum
Full-time: 991.5 hours (includes Spiritual Director hours).
Part time: 860 hours. The next program starts September 2015 or September 2016. Full-time and part-time studies are available.
WHO IS THE PROGRAM FOR?
- Students and graduates of the Discovering the Total Self Program
- Those seeking the designation Regulated Psychotherapist (RP)
- Mental health professionals
- While the focus of the program is on professional skills development, some students opt to do the program for personal reasons only, to further their emotional healing and spiritual development.
Kathy Ryndak, Co-founder and Spiritual Director
Michelle DesRoches, Sue Diplock, Andrew Kun, Linda Kuschnir, Joanne Morgan, Sandra Levy, Joanne Morgan, Pauline O'Hanlon, John Pollard and Ken Sullivan: Counsellors and Registered Psychotherapists (RP) for the College’s Counselling Clinic and Facilitators of the Total Self Program
Guest Musician: Ann-Marie Boudreau
Guest Lecturer: Lorena Colarusso, Registered Psychotherapist (RP)
Full-time 1-year studies: Mon. Sept. 14, 2015 to June 22, 2016 with 2 scheduled breaks. Mon. and Tues. mornings and afternoons, Wed. afternoons and evenings, 4 Thurs. mornings, some scheduled Thurs. full days, 1 Sat., July to mid-Aug. Wed. afternoons for Case Studies. Includes the Spiritual Psychotherapy, Spiritual Director, Total Self and Case Studies Course.
Following year program starts Sept. 12, 2016.
Part-time 2-year studies: Starts Sat. Sept. 19, 2015 or Sept. 17, 2016.
1 weekend a month from Sept. to June (12 sessions in year 1, 13 sessions in year 2): Saturdays from 9am to 5pm and Sundays 10am to 5pm. No long weekends.
Students must attend 100% of classes in order to receive a Diploma from Transformational Arts College of Spiritual and Holistic Training. (Make-up classes can be scheduled)
A passing mark of 75% for exams must be obtained. Practicums must also be completed.
This program involves a minimum of 585 hours of study including the Case Studies Course and the hours from the Total Self Program. For the Total Self Program, 75% attendance is required for each module.
- The basic fee for the part-time program is $7,050 or it can be paid annually ($3,375 after deposit in Year 1 and $3,375 in Year 2), plus $235 in Administrative and Materials Fee to be split over the two years. A $300 non-refundable deposit is required at the time of application. The Case Studies Course ($1,100) and the 10 Discovering the Total Self modules (at $320 each) are mandatory at an additional fee.
- The full-time program price of $12,181, plus $235 (for Administrative and Materials Fee) includes basic fee plus the Total Self, Spiritual Director and Case Studies at a cost savings of 15%. A $600 non-refundable deposit is required at the time of application.
- Tuition tax credits are given for this program and it is HST exempt.
- Financial plans are available.
- Cost for books, therapy hours (if applicable), and Intensives are additional. Psychotherapy Clinic’s reduced fees.
- Additional cost for the on-line Clinical Psychopharmacology course, including the text book, is $67 US.
- For an information package, schedule, application form and to hold your space, contact Linda Kuschnir at 416-484-0454 ext. 23 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students must be 18 years of age or older and have completed high school. Mature students of 21 years of age may also apply.
- As enrollment is limited and waiting lists are common, you are encouraged to register now.
- All applicants for programs will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis depending on space availability. Once the program reaches maximum capacity applicants are placed on a waiting list. Acceptance into the program is conditional and does require an interview meeting in person or by telephone.
- An undergraduate degree or Prior Learning Assessment Recognitiion for Bachelor Degree Equivalency is required for admission to Transformational Arts' Spiritual Psychotherapy Program. As is the case with every other academic or modality based institution, equivalency to an undergraduate degree may be considered for application. The title Registered Mental Health Therapist originally included in the Psychotherapy Act has been put on hold by the Transitional Council until further notice.