Spiritual Psychotherapy (SP)
PROVINCE OF ONTARIO REGULATED
TITLE: REGISTERED PSYCHOTHERAPIST (R.P.)*
*If applicants meet all registration requirements of the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO), they will be able to use the title Registered Psychotherapist (RP)
The professional title of Registered Psychotherapist (including abbreviations and variations) will become a protected title of the 2007 Psychotherapy Act.
NOTE: Regulations are still in draft form and are awaiting final approval
from the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-term Care in 2014.
Upon the completion of Transformational Arts’ requirements, a Diploma in Spiritual Psychotherapy will be issued to the graduate.
The Spiritual Psychotherapy Training Program recognizes that we are both human and spiritual beings holistically interconnected through body, mind, spirit and heart. Healing and transformation take place when we address both our dark and light sides. Following the Path of Emotional Healing and Self-Discovery we embrace our humanness and the darker aspects of our being. The Path of the Contemporary Mystic encourages us to transcend our egos, move into the light, surrender, go with the flow, trust divine guidance, detach, enter into the mystery and be of service. It is the ultimate goal to heal our duality, embracing and integrating both our human self and spiritual self. This transformation happens in our hearts, where heaven and earth meet in us.
This program teaches the student the art of balancing both paths in their personal lives as well as in their role as psychotherapists. It has a strong base in emotional healing and experiential work, employing concepts from transpersonal and transformational psychotherapy, inner child work, relationship and group therapy, and the development of psychotherapy and professional skills. Energetic therapeutic techniques such as chakra psychotherapy and medical intuition are taught to provide additional tools for inner transformation.
Transformational Arts has instituted program revisions and will continue further program adaptations and enhancements in an effort to meet entry-to-practice competency requirements of the draft regulation of the 2007 Psychotherapy Act. The Transitional Council of CRPO is completing work on an Educational Framework for training institutes which will review psychotherapy training programs.
- To provide the student with professional training and skills development, tools and interventions and practical experience through case studies and case supervision in psychotherapy
- To provide the student with entry-to-practice competency based education as required by CRPO (draft) regulation
- To allow the participant to continue to do their own personal work in emotional healing and psychospiritual development
- This program is ideal for those wanting to set up their own private practice in psychotherapy. Once regulation is passed, it is anticipated that more opportunities will become available to work in government institutions, agencies and medical clinics
Spiritual Psychotherapy Student
WHAT MAKES THIS PROGRAM UNIQUE?
Transformational Arts’ Spiritual Psychotherapy Training Program offers an innovative, spiritual approach to psychotherapy, addressing the needs of the soul and spirit as well as the human experience. With so many individuals now embarking on spiritual journeys, psychotherapy greatly needs to honour the human spirit.
In addition to psychotherapeutic basics such as building self-esteem and a healthy ego, establishing boundaries and getting needs met, we also need to go beyond ordinary consciousness, acknowledging the miracle of the soul, mystical experiences and multi-dimensional awareness in therapy.
Our approach produces powerful results and allows the individual to heal at a profound and deep level. By encouraging the student to be authentic, conscious and aware we provide fundamentals that support spiritual growth. Embracing our shadow, darkness and woundedness as well as the mysteries and miracles of the soul helps the individual to become soul-guided in contrast to ego-driven. The concepts of Higher Self and Higher Power support this process.
While certain principles need to be intellectually understood, the program is highly experiential in its nature. From this program, we learn to trust intuition and divine guidance and are open to gifts of spirit in the psychotherapeutic process. We recognize that we are ‘spiritual beings having a human experience’. We also learn to love and accept our humanness and imperfections. While we acknowledge that our pain, woundedness and shadow are major catalysts for spiritual growth, we also celebrate that learning happens through joy, play, love and laughter.
Spiritual values are interwoven with the teachings and classroom experience — love, respect, compassion, empathy, trust, empowerment, support, integrity, peace, passion, creativity, transformation, forgiveness, gratitude, non-judgment, being of service, abundance and co-creation. Altered states of consciousness are experienced through meditation, focusing, energy work, sound and prayer as a means of deepening inner work and promoting spiritual growth. The chakra system is one of the maps of consciousness used.
In addition to developing professional skills, the program itself becomes a spiritual journey with ample opportunity to do one’s own inner work in a supportive environment.
Many of our graduates open lucrative private practices. Some work in wellness centres with other holistic and medical professionals. Others have gone on to work in agencies and mental health institutions. Some have opened successful spiritual centres and facilitate workshops. Other students have taken these skills and applied them to corporate training or in becoming corporate psychotherapists. Contact us about exciting changes in the psychotherapy field as it becomes more mainstream and regulated.
Further training at the College can be taken in Bodies of Inquiry: Body Centred Therapy Certificate Course
AREAS OF STUDY
- Psychotherapy and Professional Skills for Individuals and Groups
- Emotional Healing — Psychospiritual Key Issues
- Transformational and Transpersonal Psychotherapy —
The Spiritual Side of Psychotherapy
- Somatic and Energetic Approaches - Body and Chakra Psychotherapy
- Case Studies, Case Supervision, Competencies and Practicum
Full-time: 986.5 hours (includes Spiritual Director hours).
Part time: 855 hours. The next program starts September 2014 or September 2015. Full-time and part-time studies are available.
WHO IS THE PROGRAM FOR?
- Students and graduates of the Discovering the Total Self Program
- Those seeking the designation Regulated Psychotherapist (R.P.)
- Mental health professionals
- While the focus of the program is on professional skills development, some students opt to do the program for personal reasons only, to further their emotional healing and spiritual development.
Kathy Ryndak, Co-founder and Psychotherapist
Guest Musician: Ann-Marie Boudreau
Guest Lecturer: Lorena Colarusso
Full-time 1-year studies: Mon. Sept. 8, 2014 to June 24, 2015 with 2 scheduled breaks. Mon. and Tues. mornings and afternoons, Wed. afternoons and evenings, 4 Thurs. mornings, some scheduled Thurs. full days, 1 Sat., July to mid-Aug. Wed. afternoons for Case Studies. Includes the Spiritual Psychotherapy, Spiritual Director, Total Self and Case Studies Course.
Following year program starts Sept. 7, 2015.
Part-time 2-year studies: Starts Sat. Sept. 13, 2014 or Sept. 12, 2015.
1 weekend a month from Sept. to June (12 sessions in year 1, 13 sessions in year 2): Saturdays from 9am to 5pm and Sundays 10am to 5pm. No long weekends.
Students must attend 100% of classes in order to receive a Diploma from Transformational Arts College of Spiritual and Holistic Training. (Make-up classes can be scheduled)
A passing mark of 75% for exams must be obtained. Practicums must also be completed.
This program involves a minimum of 585 hours of study including the Case Studies Course and the hours from the Total Self Program. For the Total Self Program, 75% attendance is required for each module.
- The basic fee for the part-time program is $6,950 or it can be paid annually ($3,475 after deposit in Year 1 and $3,475 in Year 2), plus $235 in Administrative and Materials Fee to be split over the two years. A $300 non-refundable deposit is required at the time of application. The Case Studies Course ($1,100) and the 10 Discovering the Total Self modules (at $320 each) are mandatory at an additional fee.
- The full-time program price of $12,020, plus $235 (for Administrative and Materials Fee) includes basic fee plus the Total Self, Spiritual Director and Case Studies at a cost savings of 15%. A $600 non-refundable deposit is required at the time of application.
- Tuition tax credits are given for this program and it is HST exempt.
- Financial plans are available.
- Cost for books, therapy hours (if applicable), and Intensives are additional. Psychotherapy Clinic’s reduced fees.
- Additional cost for the on-line Clinical Psychopharmacology course, including the text book, is $67 US.
- For an information package, schedule, application form and to hold your space, contact Linda Kuschnir at 416-484-0454 ext. 23 or email@example.com
- Students must be 18 years of age or older and have completed high school. Mature students of 21 years of age may also apply.
- As enrollment is limited and waiting lists are common, you are encouraged to register now.
- All applicants for programs will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis depending on space availability. Once the program reaches maximum capacity applicants are placed on a waiting list. Acceptance into the program is conditional and does require an interview meeting in person or by telephone.
- An undergraduate degree is required for admission to Transformational Arts' Spiritual Psychotherapy Program. As is the case with every other academic or modality based institution, equivalency to an undergraduate degree may be considered for application. The title Registered Mental Health Therapist originally included in the Psychotherapy Act has been put on hold by the Transitional Council until further notice.